In 1910 Hamilton’s merged with Sea Point. There had been other clubs in the area before that – Sea Point Villagers, Headlands RFC and Green Point RFC, all of short duration. Sea Point Club had been formed in 1900 by old boys of Green and Sea Point Boys’ High School after the school team had won the Schools Championship in 1899. The club made regular progress but lost players to Hamiltons. Nevertheless it won the Junior Challenege in 1909. At the suggestion of LB Smuts, the president of WPRFU, the two clubs amalgamated in 1910. Amalgamations are not easy. The committees merged, with the Hamiltons men in the more dominant role. At Sea Point’s insistence, the new club was named the Hamilton Sea Point RFC. The president of Sea Point RFC, A Blair, became the vice-president and their captain, Dennis Stoltz (whose brother, Melton, played for Hamiltons and Western Province), became the vice-captain of the new club. The name has stayed, thought the colours were changed for a while.
The Club’s greatest success after amalgamation was victory in 1914 over the Somerset West side which was a real powerhouse at the time with nine Springboks and three others who were provincial players. Hamiltons won 18-3. The Hamilton’s team was ARD Burmeister, CH Hahn, RR Luyt, W Bosman, A Roper, CFS Nicholson, M Scholtz, TM Moll (captain), S Glendenning, C Marais, D Bam, C Brodziak, R Flock, C Wood and PJ Bayly.